Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Professional Hopes and Goals

  • One hope that you have when you think about working with children and families who come from diverse backgrounds: One hope that I have for working with children and families who come from diverse backgrounds is that the school I work for takes a proactive approach to acknowledge diversity. I hope that my children and families will know that all diversity/cultures are welcome in my classroom and there will never be any bullying! I hope to create lesson plans that incorporate diversity in the classroom but that allow children to work together in many different groups. I hope to be the best teacher I can be and make my students and families feel welcome, safe, secure, and comfortable around me and in my classroom.
  •  


  • One goal you would like to set for the early childhood field related to issues of diversity, equity, and social justice: One goal that I would like to set for the early childhood field related to issues of diversity, equity, and social justice is: To increase the participation and involvement of the parents and the community.
  •  
  • A brief note of thanks to your colleagues: I just want to take a moment to say thank you to those that have been loyal readers of my blog posts. I look forward to each of your comments and I truly appreciate you taking the time out of your day to read MINE! It means a lot!
  •  

4 comments:

  1. Hello Stacy,
    It is good to know that you want to increase participation of parents and communities when working with children. Research indicates that family involvement in schools increases students’ achievement. Undeniably, the benefits of parents and community involvement are invaluable. I wish you all the best as you embark on your new course.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stacy,
    Your hope is so well stated that it should be the hope of every teacher in the early childhood profession. I love what that you said “No Bullying!” As a veteran teacher, I’d like to adopt some of your hopes. I forgot to mention that teaching begins with lesson plans but you made sure to include creating diverse lessons. I think that is a great approach to fulfilling your hope. Good job! Thanks for being a supportive colleague.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stacy,
    You brought up a great point about bullying! That is something that happens in every school across the world to some degree. Unfortunately, being diverse can make one a bigger target, but nobody is safe from being bullied. I think that involving parents and the community on all fronts is so very important. Good luck in your journey!
    Marie Walkow

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stacy,
      Happiness is working with children, you are so right. Thanks for all you comments and good luck in the future!

      Zena Turner

      Delete